We all love Tandoori Chicken isn’t it? But many of you can’t go to restaurants for different reasons. And many of you can cook Chicken Tandoori at home because of not having oven or microwave at home. So here is the easy and quick solution for making Pan Grilled Tandoori Chicken or Smoked Pan Grilled Chicken. All you need is a small piece of charcoal rest of the ingredients are readily available at your place. So here is my version of Smoked Pan Grilled Chicken or Pan Grilled Tandoori Chicken!
Ingredients to serve 4
- Chicken – 800 gms (Cut into medium pieces)
- Hung Curd – 200 gms
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Green Chilli Paste – ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Shahi Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 3-4 Tbsp
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Charcoal – 1 piece
- Ghee or Clarified Butter – 1 tsp
- Onion, lemon wedges and green chutney
- Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry with kitchen towel. Give a few slits on the chicken pieces so that the chicken pieces get marinated well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned under for marination.
- Put in the chicken pieces and coat well. Cover the bowl and let it marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer. Add the butter. Cover and cook till the chicken is done. Turn the chicken pieces in between.
- When the chicken pieces are cooked transfer them to a large bowl.
- Now a small piece of charcoal and burn it. Put a small still or aluminum bowl in the middle of the cooked chicken pieces. Put the burned charcoal piece in the bowl. Now pour 1 or 2 tsp of ghee on the charcoal. When fume starts to release cover the bowl and let it rest for 5-7 minutes to get the smokey flavor.
- Transfer the chicken pieces on the serving plate and serve with onion rings, lemon wedges and green chutney.