‘Mocha’ or banana flower is all time favourite at our place. Mom often cooks ‘Niramish Mochar Ghonto‘ or ‘Chingrimach dea Mochar Ghonto’ in lunch. But we often make appetisers or snacks with ‘mocha’ too like ‘Mochar Chop’ or ‘Mochar Cutlet’. You can even try ‘Mochar Kofta Curry’ or ‘Mochar Niramish Kofta Curry’ while inviting guest for lunch or dinner with rice, pulao or vegetable fried rice. I even have shared a different recipe like ‘Mochar Paturi’ too. It takes a little time and lot of patience to prepare ‘mocha’ to cook but at the end you get to taste a wonderful preparation altogether!
Ingredients to make 10 Kebabs:
- Mocha or Banana Flower – 2 cups (Boiled and chopped)
- Chicken Keema or Minced Chicken – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 (Big – chopped)
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic – ½ tsp (Chopped)
- Besan or Gram Flour – 2-3 Tbsp
- Coriander – Chopped (A handful)
- Green Chilli – 1 tsp (Chopped)
- Egg – 1
- Roasted Cumin & Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Shahi Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – For frying the kebabs
- Mash the boiled ‘mocha’ or banana blossom with your hand in a big bowl.
- Now add all ingredients one by one. Add salt just before cooking the kebabs.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions.
- Shape them in the form of a patty.
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and shallow fry the kebabs. Cook 3-4 at a time. Do not over crowd. Fry till they become brown and crispy on both the sides.