Matar Paneer must be you one of your favourite recipes. But how abouthaving something different! Matar-Paneer Tikka … using same ingredients I have prepared recipe which can be served as tea time snack, appetizer or starter. You can pack this in your kid’s lunch box too. It is very easy to make and can be prepared with few ingredients. Here goes the recipe!
Ingredients to make 10 nos
- Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese – 150 gms (Crumbled)
- Green Peas – ¾ cup (Steamed)
- Potato – 1 Big (Boiled)
- Onion – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Oats – 2-3 Tbsp
- Bread Crumb – 2-3 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp (Very finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Chopped Coriander – 2-3 Tbsp
- Roasted Cumin and Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango or Aamchur Powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – For serving
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – For shallow fry
- To begin making the Matar-Paneer Tikki, first combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except the oil.
- Combine all the ingredients well, while mashing the green peas lightly with your hands as you mix. Add chilli according to your taste. Adjust salt.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions. Now shape them in a form of round disk. The tikki must be ½ inch thick round disk.
- Heat the pan. Drizzle 2-3 tsp of oil. Place 4 – 5 tikkis on the pan, depending on the size of the pan. Let them cook on one side. Turn and let them cook on other side. Tikkis must be brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato sauce with tea.