I make ‘Sabzi Paratha’ in many ways. Sometimes with boiled vegetables, sometimes with raw vegetables… even sometimes Stuffed Sabzi Paratha, just the way ‘Gobhi Paratha’, ‘Aloo Paratha’ and ‘Mooli Paratha’ is made. This is very easy and tasty recipe and very quick to make. You can prepare it in 10 minutes and serve within 20-25 minutes. It is delicious and at the same time nutritious as vegetables are used. You can always feed your fussy kid vegetables this way. Here goes the recipe…
Ingredients to make 10 parathas
- Whole Wheat Flour or Atta – 2 Cups
- Grated Mixed Vegetables – 1 Cup (Carrot, Raddish, Beetroot, Potato)
- Green Pea – ½ cup (Boiled & mashed)
- Onion – 1 Big (Chopped)
- Chopped Coriander – 4 Tbsp
- Ajwain or Carom Seeds – ½ tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely Chopped)
- Roasted Cumin & Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger – ½ tsp (Grated)
- Dry Mango or Aamchur Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 2 tsp + For frying the paratha
- In a large mixing bowl mix all the ingredients.
- Now start kneading the dough adding a little water at a time.
- Make a soft dough and divide it into 10 equal portion.
- Roll them in a shape of 8” disk with a rolling pin sprinkling a little more wheat flour at the time of rolling.
- Heat a tava or skillet. Dry roast the paratha from both sides. Now add 1 tsp oil on each side of paratha and fry till it becomes nice crisp and brown spot appears on both sides.
- Serve with curd, pickle or any other ‘Dal’ recipes.