This is the most simple preparation that we often make for our breakfast during winter….. Matar-Gobi-Aloo ki Sabzi. This has a very subtle flavor and can be cooked in 15 minutes. Serve this with simple hand toasted roti, paratha or bread in breakfast. I like the nutty flavor of cumin seeds with asafetida in this curry. And I do not use much spices to keep the flavor simple and basic. Here goes the recipe!
Ingredients to serve 4
- Matar or Green Peas – ½ cup
- Cauliflower – 1 ½ cups (Cut into small florets)
- Potato – 1 (Medium – cut into small cubes)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Asafetida or Hing – 1 pinch
- Ginger Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 -3
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – Ta taste
- Chopped Coriander – For garnishing
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper the oil with cumin seeds and asafetida. When the cumin seeds start to crackle add ginger paste and potatoes. Mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add all the dry masalas, cauliflower and green peas.
- Adjust salt and sauté for few more minutes.
- Now add bay leaf, garam masala and slit green chilli.
- Add water just to cover the vegetables. Close the lid and cook till first whistle and on low heat for another 2 to 3 minutes. Let the pressure release of its own.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with roti or paratha.