Any preparation with green peas or ‘koraishuti’ is loved by all in our family. ‘Koraishutir Ghugni’ is cooked now and then at our place. I prefer to cook it in pressure cooker, you may cook in pan or kadai too. The sweet gems are much loved when I serve with bread for breakfast during winter. I’m sure you all going to love it too.
Ingredients to serve 4
- Matar or Green Peas – 2 cups
- Potato – 1 (Big – cut into small cubes)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Asafetida or Hing – 1 pinch
- Ginger Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Mustard Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – Ta taste
For Dry Masala:
- Cumin Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Dry Whole Red Chilli – 1
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper the oil with cumin seeds, bay leaf and asafetida. When the cumin seeds start to crackle add ginger paste and potatoes. Mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add all the dry masalas and green peas.
- Adjust salt and sauté for few more minutes.
- Now add bay garam masala Powder and sugar. Adjust Salt.
- Add water just to cover the vegetables. Close the lid and cook till first whistle and on low heat for another 2 to 3 minutes. Let the pressure release of its own.
- While the Koraishutir Ghugni is cooking, meanwhile prepare the ‘Bhaja Moshla’. Dry roast cumin seeds and dry red chilli in a dry pan. Grind it into a coarse powder.
- Sprinkle some ‘Bhaja Moshla’ on ‘Koraishutir Ghugni’ and serve with bread or roti.