With the advent of spring Maa always starts to prepare something with bitter gourd, neem leaves, drumstick blossom or with pointed gourd leaf. They all have something common that they are bitter in taste and helps in purifying our system. So it has become a ritual at my place that we cook atleast one preparation with bitter. This the easiest of them all. Earlier I have shared the recipe of ‘Palta Patar Bora’. I hope you are gonna love this too.
- Polta Pata or Pointed Gourd Leaf – 8-10
- Besan or Chick Pea Flour or Gram Flour – 5-6 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
- Kalo Jeera or Nigella Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Poppy Seeds – ½ tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 pinch
- Salt – To taste
- Mustard Oil – For deep frying
- Wash the pointed gourd leafs and pat dry with dry kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Mix all ingredients adding a little water to make a thick paste.
- Now dip the leafs in the batter and coat well. Now deep fry them in hot oil till they become light brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with ‘dal’ and steamed rice.