When you want to have something light and that too tasty try this chicken curry. It is very simple and needs no preparation at all. The best part of it is you need not to fry onion, ginger and garlic for long time to make the gravy. No extra effort and you are done! You can add potato to this Rustic Chicken Curry, since I served it with Mixed Vegetable Teheri, where potatoes are already added, I omitted adding it. I love the simple flavor of the curry. It is combination of little pungent flavor of mustard oil, cumin seeds, tomato, garlic and coriander leaf. And you can feel the distinct flavours of all these in the curry. Together they give very nice texture, colour and flavour to the chicken curry.
Ingredients to serve 6
- Chicken – 1.5 kg (Curry Cut with Bones)
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 8-10
- Black Pepper Corn – 1 tsp
- Garlic Clove – 10-12 pods
- Tomato – 4 (Big – Cut into big chunks)
- Onion – 1 (Chopped- optional)
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil – ¼ cup
- Salt – To taste
- Coriander Leaf – 1 cup (Chopped)
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and dry red whole chilli. Stir for few seconds.
- Add chopped oinion and chopped tomato. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Next add chicken pieces and garlic pods. Sauté for couple of minutes.
- Now add dry masalas and adjust salt. Sprinkle chopped coriander and cover the lid. You need not to add water. Chicken will be cooked in its own juice and juices from tomatoes. Cook till 1 whistle then lower down the heat and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Let the pressure release of its own.
- Open the lid and serve with steamed rice or Mix Vegetable Teheri, garnishing with some more chopped coriander.