I love baked and grilled dish very much. And I cook quite often these dishes. Last Sunday I cooked this Grilled Bhetki. I have first grilled them on skillet and then grilled them in oven. You can directly grill them in oven or can cook them only on stove top. I have used very basic ingredients to marinate the fishes and since the colour of the marination is green, hence named after it. I cook this fish with another mariation and will be sharing that too very soon. Serve this as a starter or main course with some rice or bean salad. And you are done!
Ingredients to serve 5
- Bhetki or Barramundi Fish – 1 kg (Small size, each of 200 gms)
- Lime Juice – ½ cup
- Coriander Paste – ½ cup
- Mint Paste – ¼ cup
- Garlic Paste – 5 Tbsp
- Ginger Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Green Chilli Paste – 3 Tbsp
- Coconut Paste – ¼ cup
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Butter – 30 gms
- Salt – To taste
- Wash the fish very well. Make 2-3 small slits on each side of the fishes. Now marinate the fishes with half of lemon juice and salt for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour drain out the excess marination.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients except oil and butter. Put in the fishes one by one and coat them with the marination very well. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet. Drizzle 2 tsp oil on it. Now put the marinated fishes on it. Put 2 at a time, do not over crowd. Apply the marination on the fishes while cooking. Cover and let them cook on one side. After 5-6 minutes turn the fish and drizzle some more oil on the sides. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Keep the flame on low and cook all the fishes this way.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease the baking tray with some oil. Now arrange all the fishes in single layer. Apply some butter on the top and bake for 2-3 mites. Take out from oven, turn the fishes and bake them for another 5 minutes applying some more butter.
- Serve with some French fries and lemon wedges.