‘Egg’ is one ingredient that is loved by all in every home. But sometimes we all end up cooking the same recipes again and again. The most common of all are Egg Masala, Dim Kosha, South Indian Style Egg Masala, Dimer Dhokar Dalna, Egg Korma etc. Couple of days before I was thinking of cooking something different so I was browsing for a different recipe and found this one to try hands on. This dish looks like ‘Dim Posto’ but recipe wise it is completely different recipe. This is a famous dish from Bangladesh that I got to know. Serve this with simple steamed rice and you are done!
Ingredients to serve 8
- Egg – 8 (Hard Boiled)
- White Mustard Paste – ½ cup
- Coconut Paste – ½ cup
- Onion – ½ cup (Finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 8-10
- Methi or Fenugreek Seeds – ½ tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 2-3 Tbsp
- Sugar – A little
- Salt – To Taste
- Mustard Oil – ¼ cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaf – A handful
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in halves. Make thick slurry with the flour adding a little water.
- Now cover the open side of the eggs applying some flour slurry.
- Heat oil in a pan. Now put the eggs one by one cut side down. Fry carefully till the flour slurry gets fried. Take out from oil and keep aside.
- Add the fenugreek seeds in oil. When they exudes aroma add chopped onion. Fry till they turns translucent.
- Next add mustard paste, coconut paste, sugar and salt. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the fried eggs and green chilli. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with steamed rice only.