Kebabs are all time favourite at my home! I guess it is favourite in everybody’s house as well. Though I haven’t shared any non vegetarian kebab so far in my blog, so why not to start with an easy one. Chicken Tikka Kebab is nothing but small boneless chicken pieces are marinated in curd and some Indian spices along with bite size pieces of capsicum and onion. There are many process of making Chicken Tikka Masal. In restaurants they follow the authentic method of making the kebab that is Clay Oven or Tandoor, which is not possible in home. So you can use your Oven, Microwave, electric tandoor or simple tava or pan. I have done it in pan so that everybody can cook it even they don’t have those gadgets in home. I have cooked the marinated chicken and vegetables on pan and then grilled it on open fire to give the charcoal effect. Here goes the recipe. Hope you all will like it!
Ingredients to serve 4
- Chicken Breast – 700 gms (Boneless)
- Capsicum – 3 (Cut into cubes)
- Onion – 4 (Cut into cubes)
- Curd – 200 gms
- Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Punjabi Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh Cream – 3 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp + For pan roast
- Salt – To taste
- Wooden Skewer Stick – 10
- Chaat Masala
- Chopped Cucumber
- Chopped Onion
- Chopped Green Chilli
For Green Chutney:
- Coriander Leaf – 1 cup
- Pudina or Mint Leaf – A handful
- Ginger – 1”
- Garlic – 2 Pod
- Salt – To taste
- Lime Juice – 2 tsp
- Curd – 3-4 Tbsp
- Cut the chicken into small bite size pieces. Cut the capsicum and onion in same size.
- Marinate the chicken, capsicum and onion with all the ingredients mentioned above. Let it rest for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan or tava. Drizzle 2 Tsp oil.
- Now add the chicken pieces in 1 layer. When they become light brown on one side turn them. If required add some more oil. Remove from pan and keep aside. This way cook all the chicken pieces.
- Now toss the capsicum and onion pieces. Remove from pan and keep aside. I like onion and capsicum a little crunchy so I cook for lesser time but you may cook for longer time if you wish.
- Dip the wooden sticks for 10 minutes in water. Remove from water and keep aside.
- Apply a little oil on the sticks. Now arrange chicken, capsicum and onion one bay one in the stick.
- Now apply a little oil on them and roast them on fire for few seconds on all sides to get the kebab flavor and look!
- In a grinder grind all the ingredients mentioned under for Green Chutney. Add a little water if required.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on Kebab. Serve Chicken Tikka Kebab hot with Green Chutney and freshly chopped salad.