Breakfast is the most important meal of a day. So I always try to prepare a wholesome breakfast that is filling, nutritious and tasty. Winter is the season of fresh green peas. So I tried to make something different with this green pearl. I have given a Indian touch to this pancake. Hope you like it. You all know that Bengalis are famous for their ‘Koraishurit Kochuri’ which is a must have during winter in every home. I also have shared two different types of Paratha (Indian Flat Braed) recipes with green peas i.e. ‘Matar Paratha’ and ‘Quick n Easy Matar Paratha’. Nad will be sharing some more recipes with green peas like ‘Koraishutir Ghughni’ (Green Peas Curry), ‘Aloo-Matar’, ‘Matar-Aloo ki Sabzi’ and ‘Malai Methi Matar’ very soon. Till then enjoy this pancake recipe …
Ingredients to make 8 nos
- Green Peas (fresh or frozen) – 1 cup (Boiled)
- Corn Meal or Makai Atta – Tbsp
- Rice Flour – 2 Tbsp
- All Purpose Flour or Maida – 2 Tbsp
- Paneer or Chenna – 3 Tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp (Grated)
- Baking Soda – ¼ tsp
- Green Chilli – 2
- Roasted Chilli and Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 1 tsp + for pan roasting
- In a mixer grinder jar take boiled peas, grated ginger, green chilli and panner. Make a smooth paste.
- Transfer this mixture in a large bowl. Now add all the dry ingredients, 1 tsp oil and salt into it.
- Make a thick batter adding adequate water.
- Heat a non stick pan and add few drop of oil. Once the oil is hot, wipe it off with a kitchen towel or napkin.
- Now drop a large ladle full of better in the pan and spread gently to form a round shape like a thick Chilla. Cover and cook for 30 seconds on low fire till it becomes light brown from below. Drizzle some oil on sides and flip it.
- Roast it ligt brown on other side too.
- Transfer the pan cake in a serving plate and serve hot with your favourite chutney or sauce or as I served with ‘Aloo Matar‘.