There are days when you do not like to have the same kind of again! I guess it happens with everybody. Last weekend I was in a mood of having some tasty, healthy yet easy recipe to try for. So when I checked my refrigerator I found carrot, broccoli, beans and chicken breast and I found some pasta in my pantry. So immediately thought of making a quick salad! I am fond of garlic and though of grill or pan roast the chicken with some garlic infused butter. I tossed the boiled paste and veggies in the same garlic flavoured butter. And the salad is ready!
Ingredients to serve 3
- Chicken Breast – 150 gms or 1
- Pasta – 150 gms
- Carrot, Beans, Broccoli – 200 gms (Cut into 2” pieces)
- Purple Onion – 1 Big
- Capsicum – 1 Small
- Garlic Pod – 5-6
- Ginger Paste – ½ tsp
- Onion Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Crushed Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (Optional)
- Salt – To taste
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Marinate the chicken with onion, ginger and garlic paste for 1 hour.
- Parboil the veggies and keep aside.
- Roughly chop the onion and the capsicum.
- In a large pot boil water. Add some salt. Once the water starts boiling add the pasta. Stir and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. Check after 7 minutes. It should be cooked partially. It is very important to retain the texture and shape of pasta. Drain the excess water and wash immediately under running water.
- Heat the grill pan or any other thick pan or skillet and add 1 tbsp of butter. Add the garlic pods. Fry till you get nice aroma of fried garlic. This garlic gives an unique flavor in the butter. Now slowly add the chicken breast. Turn down the heat once the chicken is seared and sealed from both sides. Cover and let it cook.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, increase the heat to give a nice brown colour on both sides of the chicken. Add 1 Tbsp of butter at this stage. Remove the chicken and the fried garlic pods from heat.
- In the same pan add olive oil and sauté the onion and chopped capsicum. Once the onion turns pink add the parboiled veggies. Sprinkle salt and sauté for few minutes.
- Now add the boiled pasta in the pan. Mix very well.
- Cut the chicken into thick strip or cube. Add them in the pan along with fried garlic pods. Toss very well. Sprinkle freshly crushed black pepper.
- Burnt Garlic Flavoured Grilled Chicken Salad is ready to be serve.