‘Bhangore Mach’ or ‘Bhangore Parshe’ or Grey Mullet is another type of ‘Parshe Mach’ that is available in fish market. Though availability of this fish is not so affluent in our local fish market but when I find I and prepare this fish curry with mustard paste. Though garlic and mustard paste is a little odd combination but trust me it gives very unique taste in the dis. Try it and let me know how it was. Here goes the recipe …
Ingredients to serve – 4
- Bangore Mach or Grey Mullet – 4-5 pieces
- Green Chilli – 2-3
- Mustard Paste – 4 tsp
- Garlic Clove – 4-5
- Turmeric Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Mustard Oil – 2-3 Tbsp
- Wash the fish pieces and marinate with salt and turmeric powder for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok oe kadai and carefully fry the fish pieces till golden on both sides. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Add slit geen chilli in oil. Then add turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Give a quick stir.
- Now add one cup water and mustard paste.
- When the broth starts to boil add the fried fish pieces and garlic cloves.
- Adjust salt.
- Cover and cook till the fish is done and oil separates.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.