Many of you may not like Tilapia but it is loved by all in my family. I have already shared two recipes with Tilapia Fish – ‘Capsicum Tilapia’ and ‘Shorshe Tilapia’ which are equally tasty. This recipe is very simple but equally good in taste. And this can be cooked with very few ingredients as well. With the use of ‘posto’ or poppy seed paste the gravy becomes very thick and rich in taste. This is my Mom’s recipe but I have modified a little. Maa do not use mustard paste but I like the pungent smell of mustard paste and more over mustard paste makes the gravy more thick and creamy. Serve this ‘Posto Tilapia’ with steamed rice only…
Ingredients to serve 4
- Tilapia Fish – 4
- Green chilli – 2-3
- Poppy Seed Paste – 5-6 Tbsp
- Mustard Paste – 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Mustard Oil – 6 Tbsp
- Wash the fishes and marinate with turmeric and salt. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai and carefully slide the fishes. Fry one fish at a time till golden on both sides. Remove from oil keep aside.
- Temper the oil with green chilli and garlic paste. Sauté for few seconds.
- Now add poppy seed paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Sauté for another couple of minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water and mustard paste. Mix well.
- Add the fried fish. Cover and cook till the fish is done and oil separates on the side of the pan.
- Serve with steamed rice only.