Sometimes we all want to try something different but tasty dish. This stuffed Vegetable French Toast can be an option for them. Many of you have fussy kids or husband in our house, this recipe can help you to feed them vegetables in a very healthy yet tricky way! I have used sliced milk bread for this recipe but you can use brown bread or simple sliced bread for this recipe too.
Ingredients to serve 4
- Milk Bread – 8 slices
- Carrot – ½ cup (Grated)
- Beans – ¼ cup (Finely chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ cup (Finely chopped)
- Onion – ¼ cup (Finely chopped)
- Spring Onion – ¼ cup (Finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2-3 (Finely chopped)
- Chopped Coriander – A handful
- Egg – 4-5
- Milk – ½ cup
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Oil – For shallow frying
- Salt – To taste
- In a pan heat 2-3 tsp of oil and fry onion till they becomes translucent.
- Next add capsicum, beans, spring onion and carrot. Fry till they become soft on low heat.
- Now sprinkle salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Add chopped green chilli and coriander. Mix well. Keep aside and let it cool for a while.
- Beat the eggs adding milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Take one slice of bread and spread some vegetable filling on it. Cover it with another bread slice.
- Now dip this sandwich in the egg and place carefully on the pan. Keep the fire on low.
- When one side becomes nice brown and crisp turn the other side. Fry till it becomes nice brown and crisp.
- In this way fry all the French toasts.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup in breakfast or in snack.
~ If you wish you can cut the edges of the bread. But I have used very fresh milk bread so I didn’t cut the edges.