‘Nolen Gur’ or date palm jiggery is a seasonal bliss. We get this winter gem in two forms… the liquid one is called ‘Tatarosi’ which is golden in colour some where similar to honey and the solid one is called ‘Nolen Gurer Patali’ or ‘Simple Patali’. The sweet dishes that are prepared during winter is mainly using this solid jaggery. Last weekend I tried this ‘Nolen Gurer Bhapa Doi’ for the first time and it turned out so well. Sharing the recipe of the same …. Happy Winter !!!
Ingredients for 4 serving:
- Hung Curd – 500 gms
- Full Fat Milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 5-6 tsp
- Nolen Gurer Patali or Date Palm Jaggery – 100 gms
- Fresh Cream – 5-6 Tbsp
- Reduce milk to its one third volume adding sugar and jaggery.
- In a mixing bowl mix hung curd, reduced milk n fresh cream.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C.
- Pour it in the baking bowls.
- In a baking tray arrange the bowls. Now pour water in the tray just upto half of the bowls.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Nolen Gurer Bhapa Doi is ready… Refrigerate n serve…