We all know about ‘Makki ki Roti’ but with a little variation a very healthy and tasty breakfast recipe can also be prepared. Today I have made a pancake using cornmeal, oatmeal and seasonal vegetables. It was first time since I tried some variations with corn meal and it came out so well! You can always discard using the egg. Egg makes the pancake tastier. Just add couple of teaspoon curd/yogurt if not using egg. Here is my new recipe for breakfast on New Year. Happy New Year 2017!
- 1 cup Makki Ata or Corn Meal
- ¼ cup Oat Meal
- 3 Tbsps All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsps Oil – + for shallow fry
- 1 cup Mixed Vegetable – (Carrot, Radish, Spring Onion)
- 1 (Finely Chopped) Onion
- 2 (Finely Chopped) Green Chilli
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- To taste Salt
- Grate the vegetables. Chop onion, spring onion, green chilli and coriander leaf. Mix all in abowl adding a little salt.
- In a bowl add corn meal, flour, baking powder, 2 tsp oil, salt and egg. Make a thick batter adding a little water and milk into a thick batter. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan. Drizzle 1 tsp oil. Now add 1 ladle full of batter in the pan. Spread it evenly.
- Now sprinkle 2-3 tsp of oatmeal on the batter.
- Next sprinkle 2-3 Tbsp of chopped vegetables on the pancake. Let the pancake set. It will take 2-3 minutes.
- Now flip the pancake carefully with the help of a spatula to cook on the other side too will take another 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tsp oil if required.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and hot cup of tea for breakfast.