‘Kundri’ or ivy gourd is one vegetable that I hate most. But few days back Maa prepared this simple ‘bhaji’ or stir fry and served with handmade roti in breakfast. It was wonderful! The flavour of curry patta with mustard seeds gives very nice flavour to this ‘bhaji’. You can serve sprinkling some grated coconut on it with roti or paratha or simple stir fry like this as a side dish with steamed rice and dal.
- 200 gms Kundri or Ivy Gourd
- ½ Mustard Seed – tspp
- 2 sprigs Curry Patta
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 – 3 tsps Oil
- ½ tsp Sugar
- To taste Salt
- Wash and cut each ‘kundri’ diagonally into 2-3 pieces.
- Heat oil in pan. Temper the oil with mustard seeds and curry patta. Wait till the mustard seeds crackle.
- Now add sliced ivy gourd. Sprinkle turmeric powder. Mix very well.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Remove cover add sugar and salt. Mix very well.
- Cover and cook till the ivy gourd is cooked. Stir in between.
- Serve hot with any ‘dal’ (lentil soup) and steamed rice.
- If you wish you can serve sprinkling grated coconut as a side dish with roti.