Every year I bake a Fruit Cake for Christmas following my Mom’s recipe. But this year for a change I bake a very simple Tutti Frutti Cake, Chocolate and Apple Muffin and Orange and Chocolate Two-in-One Muffin. Though I thought that these will last for atleast 3-4 days but when I checked the cake container today, I found very few piece are there! Yes again two of my cousins came yesterday and probably they have finished most of my Christmas bakes! That means for Christmas will bake something new again. I am not at all unhappy with that as I love baking. And I always agree that I always share very simple easy to bake cake recipes. This Tutti Frutti Cake is one of such recipes. This one is with egg but definitely will share the eggless version of this recipe too soon. Till then Merry Christmas and Happy Baking!
- 120 gms All Purpose Flour or Maida
- 100 gms Unsalted Butter
- 100 gms Sugar
- 2 Egg
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 4 – 5 Tbsps Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup Tutti Frutti
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line the baking tray with butter paper and grease with butter or vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Take tutti fruiti in a bowl and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of flour over it. Toss well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl take butter and sugar and cream really well.
- Add one egg at a time and beat till creamy.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and mix gently with the butter-sugar-egg mix spoon by spoon.
- Add in milk and fold gently.
- Add in tutti fruity and mix well.
- No add vanilla essence and orange juice (optional).
- Now pour the mix in the greased baking tray. Top with some more tutti frutti.
- Now pop this in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or till a knife comes out clean if inserted in the middle at 180 C.
- Remove it and cool it on a wire rack.