This is one of the easiest Prawn Rice that I cook. It is very light and mild sweet in taste. This rice goes very well with any non vegetarian dishes. All you need is very fresh prawn / shrimp for this recipe.You may not use vegetables in this recipe but I like to add colours in my rice so I have added some carrots and beans in the rice. Vegetables give nice flavour and crunch to the rice.
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Now clean, shell and wash the prawns. Marinate with a little salt for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile thinly slice onion, carrot and beans. If you wish you may skip using the vegetables. But I like mike meal a little colourful, so I added some vegetables.
- Cook the rice, drain excess water and keep the rice in a colander.
- Boil the vegetables too. But do not overcook them. Let them be a little crunchy.
- Heat oil in a kadai and lightly fry the shrimps. Do not overcook, else they will become rubbery. Take out from oil and keep aside.
- Now add ghee and temper oil+ghee with whole garam masala.
- Add sliced onion and fry till pink in colour.
- Next add vegetables. Fry well.
- Now add the rice. Mix very well.
- Add sugar and fried shrimps. Adjust salt. Mix very well.
- Serve with any Fish, Chicken or Mutton Curry of your choice.