It is almost a ritual that we all bake cakes during winter especially for Christmas. I always like to bake simple cakes that can be accompanied with a cup of tea or coffee. I have shared a simple recipe of Fruit-n-Nut before. This time tried a little variation from that. I baked a healthier version of regular Fruit-n-Nut Cake, using whole wheat flour. And to enrich the taste I have used brown sugar with regular sugar. I used some store bought caramel too. You can use homemade caramel too that you use in simple caramel pudding. Try this Whole Wheat Fruit-n-Nut cake … I’m sure you r going to love it. Happy baking!
- Prepare a square or a round cake pan. I used an 8 inches square pan.
- Grease the cake pan lightly with oil. You can also line the pan with butter paper. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sieve the wheat flour, flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat very well until it becomes smooth cream. Add eggs (one at a time) and mix thoroughly.
- Next add brown sugar and caramel and mix very well.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix uniformly.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir and mix quickly but uniformly. Pour in the mixture in the cake pan.
- Shake and tap the pan lightly so that the cake is spread evenly throughout the whole pan.
- Sprinkle the fruit and nuts mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 C for 45-50 minutes or more or less depending on your oven.
- Insert a knife or tooth peak in middle of the cake if it comes clean then your cake is ready!
- Serve with tea or coffee or in your kid’s lunch box.