‘Chingri Mach’ or Prawn is such a kind of ingredient that makes any cuisine tasty. When we make Niramish Bandhakopir Ghonto/Torkari , we use green peas else we either use ‘Chingri Mach’ (Prawn) or ‘Macher Muro/Matha’ (Fish Head) to prepare a non vegetarian curry with ‘Bandhakopi’ or cabbage. Few days ago I cooked this simple yet delicious curry. This curry goes very well both with rice as well as roti. Only difficult part is to cut the cabbage very fine. Here goes the recipe.
- Smearsome salt and turmeric to the prawns. I have taken small size prawns. Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat mustard oil in kadai or wok. Fry the prawns and keep aside.
- Temper the oil with panch foran, bay leaf and green chilli. Add ginger paste and sauté for few minutes.
- Next add the cubed potatoes and sauté well. If you wish you can fry the potatoes separately and then add to the curry.
- Next add chopped tomatoes. When tomatoes become little mushy add all the masala powders except garam masala powder. Let the masala cook for couple of minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage and mix very well. Add sugar and adjust salt. Cook in medium heat. You will see water releasing from cabbage after adding sugar and salt.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are done. If required add a little water.
- Add fried prawns, ghee and garam masala powder. Mix very well. Cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice or plane roti.