It was a lazy Sunday morning when we all woke up late as we had a late night marriage function to attend on Saturday. We were not hungry though as we always used to in the morning specially on Sundays. But had to have something which is easy to cook and easy to digest too. So decided to made some Bread Upma. I love vegetables in any of my meal so added some seasonal vegetables like carrot, beans and peas along with onion. You may prepare it without adding any vegetables too. We normally prefer brown bread over regular white bread, so select bread as per your choice. And you are ready to serve a easy breakfast in minutes. Here goes the recipe…
- Torn the bread into small pieces. Chop the vegetables and boil them. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadai or wok. Temper the oil with asfaeotida, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add curry leaves, chopped onion and chopped ginger and sauté till they become translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, capsicum, turmeric powder, red chili powder and green chillies.
- Now add the boiled vegetables and mix well. Adjust salt.
- Next add the bread pieces and tomato ketchup and mix once again.
- Stir continuously for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.