Winter means colourful vegetables all over the market. So I thought of making a different ‘Chilla’ (Indian crepe) recipe combining two different recipes i.e. ‘Sooji Chilla’ (Semolina Crepe) and ‘Besan Chilla’ (Gram Flour/Chick Pea Flour Crepe). In addition I have used some winter veggies like carrot and radish to make it a complete breakfast. You can always add or alter the recipe according to your choice. If you are making this crepe for your kid discard using red chilli powder and chopped green chilli. Serve this with choice of your sauce or ‘chutney’. I served it with some yogurt topped with some honey.
- Grate the carrot and radish. Chop coriander and green chilli.
- In a large mixing bowl mix sooji, besan, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, carom seeds, cumin seeds, salt and sugar.
- Now mix in yogurt and grated raddish, carrot.
- Make a thick batter adding a little water at a time. Remember the batter should of thicker consistency yet flowing and not too runny.
- Now add 1 Tbsp oil. Mix well.
- Next add chopped coriander and green chilli.
- Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick tawa or griddle. Drizzle 1 tsp oil. Now pour 1 laddle batter on the pan and spread the batter with the back of the ladle. When it is cooked from one side, flip it. Keep the flame on low. Cook the other side.
- When it turns into golden color, serve hot or in room temperature with any chutney or sauce or with yogurt.