Chilli Chicken is a very popular dish in any Chinese restaurants in India. Though the Chinese dishes us Indians make hardly has any resemblance with the original Oriental cuisine. We have adapted and modified the Chinese dishes with our taste bud. Every restaurant has their own version of Chillie Chicken. Some make it with gravy some a drier version that could be served as a entrée or starter. The recipe that I have shared today is easy to cook and semi dry consistency, which can be served as entrée or can be served as a side dish with any Chinese rice or noodles preparation. Here goes my version of Chilli Chicken …
- Clean the chicken pieces and drain excess water.
- Now in a bowl marinate the chicken with onion juice, ginger paste, garlic paste, black pepper, soy sauce and 1 tsp vinegar for 1 hour.
- Now add 1-2 Tbsp of cornflour in the chicken and some salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok.Now fry the chicken pieces and keep them aside.
- Pour the excess oil in another pot and just keep 2 Tbsp of oil in kadai.
- Put in chopped garlic and chopped ginger. Fry until garlic turn into light brown colour.
- Add cubed onions, cubed capsicum, spring onion whites and green chillies and sauté over a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and sugar. Mix and stir on high flame for couple of minutes.
- Now add fried chicken pieces and mix in for one more time.
- Adjust salt.
- Dissolve remaining corn flour in ¼ cup water. Pour in cornflour water mixture in the wok. Stir well and allow it to come to a boil. Let the sauce thicken. Add 1 tsp vinegar in. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or till the gravy coats the chicken pieces well.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot with Vegetable Fried Rice or Chicken Fried Rice or Mixed Hakka Noodles or Vegetable Hakka Noodles.