Tell me about one person who doesn’t like to have noodles. Few days ago I made this super yummy Mixed Hakka Noodles. This is one one pot meal that I often prepare in winter as the vegetables used in this dish are available in abundance. This is one dish that is liked by all specially the kids. This is also ideal for tiffin box or kid’s birthday party. I am sure you have made this thousand times …. If not make it today! Ha ha ha … here goes the recipe …
- 4 cups Egg Noodles / Whole Wheat Noodles – (Boiled)
- 2 cups Shredded Mixed Vegetables – (Cabbage, Carrot, Beans, Spring Onion)
- 1 (Big – Thinly sliced) Onion
- 1 (Big – Thinly chopped) Capsicum
- ½ cup Shrimp – (Shelled)
- ½ cup Boneless Chicken – (Thinly sliced)
- 3 Egg
- 2 – 3 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Ginger – (Chopped)
- ½ tsp Garlic – (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil – For frying
- To taste Salt
- Marinate the chicken pieces with vinegar and soy sauce for 15 minutes. Marinate the shrimp with lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Boil water in a large pot. When the water starts to boil break the dry noodles and drop them in water. Put some salt and 2-3 tsp of oil. When they are almost cooked drain the excess water and put the boiled noodles in a colander to drain out excess water.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai. Beat the eggs with some salt and fry in the kadai. Keep them aside.
- Put some more oil in the same wok and put the chicken pieces in. Do not put the excess marinate. Stir for few minutes till they are done. Take out from oil and keep aside.
- Same way stir fry the prawns. Keep aside.
- Put some more oil in the wok and fry chopped garlic and chopped ginger. When they turn light brown put in onion slices. Fry till they turn pink.
- Now add the shredded vegetables and chopped capsicum. Fry till they are almost done but do not over cook. Let them be a little crunchy.
- Add the boiled noodles and mix very well. Adjust salt.
- Now mix in fried egg, chicken and shrimps.
- Sprinkle some pepper powder. Mix for one more time. If you wish you can add soy sauce too.
- Serve hot with Pepper Chicken or Garlic Chicken or Sesame Chicken or any Indo-Chinese side dishes.