Yet another Indo-Chinese recipe which is my family favourite. Pepper chicken is very easy to cook and tastes very good when accompanied with Hakka Noodles or Fried Rice. Sometimes I make it a dry preparation and serve as a starter too. The strong taste of black pepper with capsicum goes very well. Here I have cooked this dish without bone chicken pieces you can cook with bone pieces too. But if you are going to serve as a starter in a party it is advised to cook without bones.
- 700 gms Boneless Chicken
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsps Ginger Paste
- ½ cup Onion Juice
- 3 tsps Lemon Juice
- 6 – 8 tsps Soy Sauce
- 3 tsps Chilli Sauce
- 4 Tbsps Black Pepper – (Crushed)
- 2 (Diced) Capsicum
- 2 Tbsps Garlic – (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger – (Chopped)
- 3 (Diced) Onion
- 3 tsps Corn Flour
- 4 – 5 Tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- To taste Salt
- Clean and cut the chicken in bite size small pieces. Marinate the chicken with garlic paste, ginger paste, onion juice and lemon juice. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai and lightly sauté the chicken pieces. Do not add the extra marinate. Keep them aside.
- In the same wok add some more oil if required and then throw in chopped garlic and ginger. Fry well.
- Now add diced capsicum and onion. Sauté till the onion becomes translucent.
- Now add the sautéed chicken pieces. Mix well.
- Next add soy sauce and chilli sauce. Add sugar. Adjust salt.
- Crush the black pepper in mortar and pestle. Add this crushed black pepper in the wok. Mix very well.
- Now add the marinate in wok. Dissolve the corn flour in ½ cup of water and pour it in the wok.
- Mix very well and cook till the gravy coats the chicken pieces well and you get a nice shine on the chicken.
- Remove from heat and serve with Chicken Fried Rice or Mixed Hakka Noodle.