‘Pakora’ or fritters are the most common and popular snack in India. We all love pakoras with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Diwali was few days ago and we all celebrate Diwali in our home. In my house party I made two types of ‘Pakoras’ … Cheesy Mix-Vegetable Pakora and ‘Crispy Potato Pakora’. Both were loved by all. In this recipe I have used eggs, those who are vegetarian can substitute it with water and adding a couple teaspoon of corn starch. Just add salt and chopped coriander before frying. Serve as a evening snack with salad and choice of your sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl mix flour, corn flour, black pepper, baking powder. Now add 1 egg. Mix well.
- Start adding the vegetables. Mix well. If you feel that the batter is not coating the vegetables add one more egg.
- Next add grated cheese. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Just before frying add chopped coriander and salt.
- Heat oil in a large kadai or wok.
- With the help of a spoon take a small amount and drop the batter in the oil. Make small batches. Do not over crowd.
- Fry till the pakodas become golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with choice of your sauce and salad as snack.