Both rajma (red kidney beans) and ‘jeera rice’ are my favourite. I was planning to make ‘rajma-chawal’ for lunch. But all of a sudden I had to rush to office so I prepared this protein packed fried rice for my packed lunch for office. I was not very sure how it would taste but to my surprise it was too good. You can also serve this ‘Rajma Fried Rice’ at your lunch or dinner or can pack this as school or office lunch option. Here goes the recipe !
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes. Cook the rice in double the amount of rice. Means if you are cooking 1 cup rice add 2 cups of water. The rice should not be overcooked. It is better to cool the rice completely before making fried rice.
- Soak the red kidney beans of rajma for 6-8 hours in water. Then cook them in pressure cooker adding a little salt. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok. Crackle cumin seeds and add slitted green chilli. Stir for few seconds.
- Next add chopped onion and fry till translucent.
- Add chopped carrot and capsicum. Sauté for few minutes.
- Next add boiled rajma and mix again.
- Now add the boiled rice. Adjust salt. Add black pepper powder and mixed herb. Mix very well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.