‘Chana’ or ‘Chenna’ (homemade Indian cottage cheese) is not only healthy option for consuming milk product but also good source of protein too. Unlike me many of you must hate having ‘chana’. So I have developed some recipes through which you can always consume ‘chena’. I already have shared the recipe of ‘Oats and Paneer Pancake‘, which I have made the pancake with ‘chana’, and will be sharing some more recipes like ‘Paneer Cheese Toast’, ‘Chanar Kofta Curry’, ‘Chanar Dalna’ et al. This ‘Chanar Porota’ is very easy to make paratha recipe using very few ingredients. I have served it with ‘Mix-Veg Dal’ and ‘Dharosh Chorchori’ (Bengali Style Stir Fried Vegetable with Lady Fingers). But you can serve it only with some pickle by side too.
- Crumble the chenna in a bowl. Mix in sugar, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder, chopped green chilli, chopped onion, coriander leaves lightly with a spoon. Do not mash everything.
- Mix in whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- Now mix in this dry ingredients with the chenna mix little at a time. Knead the dough very well adding a little water if required.
- Take 2 tsp of oil in your hand and lightly pat on the dough. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts. Roll them between your palms to form a round ball.
- Now sprinkle some flour on your rolling board a roll the parathas in round disk (tike roti/paratha – approx 6” diameter).
- Heat a tava or griddle and lightly toast the parathas. Now add ½ tsp oil on each side of parathas and shallow fry them.
- Serve the ‘Chanar Porota’ with some Mix – Veg Dal’ or some dry stir fried vegetables. I have served with ‘Dharosh Chorchori’.