‘Dalia’ (broken wheat) is one of my favourite food grains. I love to eat ‘dalia’ in many ways. Some time I cook ‘Dalia Khichuri’, ‘Veg Pulao with Dalia’ or sometimes ‘Kheer’ with ‘Dalia’ too. Since ‘Navratri’ is approaching so thought of sharing a no onion-no garlic wholesome recipe. I have used peanuts, you may use cashew too. Since I love to eat vegetables, I added some carrots and beans. You can make this ‘Pulao’ without vegetables too, adding only dry fruits. I like this ‘pulao’ with a light sweet taste, so I added a little sugar. You may always discard that. Serve this ‘Pulao’ with some cucumber raita and you are done!
- Wash dalia and soak in water for 30 minutes. Then drain in a colander and keep aside.
Chop all vegetables in same size. Blanch them in water adding a little salt. Strain from water and keep aside. Do not waste the vegetable stock.
- Add oil and ghee in a kadai or wok. Temper it with whole garam masala and bay leaf. When exudes aroma add peanut and sauté well.
- Now add blanched vegetables. Sauté for couple of minutes.
- Next add the soaked dalia. Mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Stir continuously else it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar, chopped chilli and raisins. Now add the vegetable stock and water. The ratio of dalia and liquid should be 1:1.5. Means if u are using 1 cup of dalia the fluid should be 1 ½ cup.
- Adjust salt. Mix well. Cover and cook till dalia is done and all liquid gets soaked.
- Let it rest for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.