‘Sojne Fuler Bora’ or Drumstick Blossoms Fritters are very delicious, simple to make. It is truly amazing! It is said that Moringa Oleifera (Drumstick Blossom) has some medicinal values. It is used at the first sign of cold and it works well against pox. Other than that, Moringa Oleifera (Drumstick Blossom) contains vital amino acids and is excellent source of calcium and potassium, making them a valuable supplement for nursing mothers. A tea brewed from these flowers named ‘Moringa Tea’. Fresh blossoms can be battered and fried as a delightful snack food. We normally serve this as appetizer with ‘dal’ and steamed rice. It even tastes good as snack with a cup of tea. Here is the recipe or ‘Sojne Fuler Bora’!
- Wash drumstick blossoms nicely.
- Combine drumstick blossoms, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, gram flour, rice flour, sodi-bi-carb, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, nigella seeds, poppy seeds, carom seeds and salt in a bowl. Mix nicely and add little water to make a thick batter. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan. Take a tea spoon full of mixture at a time and put it in the oil. Add three four spoon full of the mixture in the hot oil at a time.
- Fry till each side turns golden brown. Remove from oil by using a slotted spoon. Drain on a kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil from it.
- Serve hot as a side dish with dal-rice or appetizer or just as evening snack accompanying with a cup of tea.