‘Bhindi’ or lady finger is one of my favourite vegetable that I make quite often. This recipe is ideal for a quick meal. When I’m in hurry or do not like to cook at all I make this quick and easy stir fried dish. It tastes awesome when served fresh and warm with roti/fulka and ‘Peyaj dea Musur Dal’. The taste of ‘amchur’ or dry mango powder tastes awesome with other spices. I have kept the ‘bhindi’ whole, you can chop them according to your convenience. Try this ‘Chatpata Bhindi Masala’ with freshly hand made roti or steamed rice!
- Wash bhindi and pat dry with kitchen towel. Cut the head of it and make a slit of about 1”. I kept the bhindis whole n chop them as well.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a kadai or pan and crackle cumin seeds.
- Next add chopped onion and sauté till they become translucent.
- Add bhindi and sauté them on a low flame. Stir and sauté them in low heat.
- Next add all the dry spices and mix well. Add 3-4 tsp water. It will prevent the dry spices from burning.
- Adjust salt. Add 3-4 tsp water. Cover and cook till bhindi is not almost done.
- Add amchur powder and sugar. Mix well and cook for another couple of minutes. Serve with roti and ‘Peyaj dea Musur Dal’ by side.