Pumpkin Blossoms Fritters or ‘Kumro Fuler Bora’ is one of the popular and traditional fritters among Bengalis. Nowadays, in very few homes these fritters are still made. Last Sunday Baba bought some very fresh ‘kumro ful’ from our local vegetable market. So I made some ‘Kumro Fuler Bora’ with the flowers. There was some pumpkin in kitchen so I made some ‘Kumror Bora/Kumri’ (Pumpkin Fritter) too. These two fritters tastes awesome if served hot, crispy with some steamed rice and dal. These are crispy and yummy snack, amazing taste in every bite. You can serve these as snack with evening tea too……
- Wash pumpkin flowers nicely. Cut each pumpkin flower vertically to make two equal parts.
- Peel the pumpkin and make thin slices about 3-4” long.
- Combine chickpea flour, rice flour, sodi-bi-carb, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, nigella seeds, poppy seeds, carom seeds and salt in a bowl. Mix nicely and add little water to make a thick batter. Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or kadai. Dip the flower into the batter and coat it nicely. Add two three pieces in the hot oil at a time.
- Fry till each side turns crisp and golden brown. Remove from oil by using a slotted spoon. Drain on a kitchen paper to absorb the excess oil from it.
- Same way dip the pumpkin pieces and fry the fritters.
- Serve hot as a side dish with dal-rice or just as evening snack accompanying with a cup of tea.