We all love this fish very much and this is widely available in our fish market regularly. ‘Tilapia’ is very sweet in taste and tastes even better with mustard sauce. This preparation is loved by all in our family. I use chopped garlic with mustard paste in this fish curry. Garlic and green chilies with mustard paste gives a unique taste in this fish curry.
- Wash and clean the fish pieces. Marinate the fishes with ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp of turmeric powder. Keep aside for 10 min.
- Heat mustard oil in a non-stick pan. Lightly fry the fish pieces, they should not be browned. Remove the fish pieces and keep aside.
- In the same oil add chopped garlic and 3 slit green chilli. Fry till the garlic becomes light grown and you get the aroma of fried garlic.
- Dissolve mustard paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder with a little water. Add this paste to the pan. Mix well.
- Add ¾ cup water. When the gravy starts to boil add fried fish pieces. Adjust salt. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add chopped coriander and 2 slit chilli.
- Switch off the gas and serve hot with steamed rice.