Another Indo-Chinese dish that I often make is Sesame Chicken. It is a blend of sweet-hot-nutty flavour form honey, black pepper and roasted sesame seeds. I make this quite often as it is very tasty and easy to cook dish. It goes very well with Vegetable Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice even with steamed rice.
For marinating chicken:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with all ingredients mentioned under for marinating chicken with a little salt except oil. Keep marinated chicken pieces for 1 hour. After that deep fry the chicken pieces and keep them on a kitchen paper.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds lightly. Keep them separately.
- Pour the excess oil in a bowl keeping only 2 tsp of oil in the wok. Lightly sauté the capsicum and onion pieces. Let those be a little crunchy. Keep them aside.
- Add another 2 tsp of oil in the wok. Add chopped ginger and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock or water. Now add soya sauce and chillie sauce to it and let it boil.
- Now add chicken pieces to it and boil for 2-3 minutes. If required add more water or chicken stock.
- Add roasted sesame seeds and sautéed onion and capsicum.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of cornflour in a little water. Add this to the gravy and mix the gravy very well to coat the chicken with sauce.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Add in vinegar and honey. Mix well.
- Garnish with some sesame seeds. Sesame chicken is ready to be served with Vegetable Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice or Steamed Rice.