Indo-Chinese cuisine is the adaptation of Chinese seasoning and cooking techniques to Indian tastes. The Indian Chinese cuisine is said to have been developed by the small Chinese community living in Kolkata for over a century. We still can taste authentic Chinese foods at some pockets in Kolkata like Territy Bazar for authentic Chinese Breakfast, China Town for all types of Chinese foods. Garlic chicken is a one of the most popular preparation of Indo Chinese cuisine. Boneless marinated fried chickens are cooked in mild hot and spicy garlic based sauce. I love lots of garlic in my cooking and this particular Indo-Chinese dish is my favourite. Here is the recipe of Garlic Chicken …..
For marinating chicken:
For the gravy:
- Marinate the chicken pieces with all ingredients mentioned under for marinating chicken with a little salt except oil. Keep marinated chicken pieces for 1 hour. After that deep fry the chicken pieces and keep them on a kitchen paper.
- Pour the excess oil in a bowl keeping only 2 tsp of oil in the wok. Add whole red chillie, chopped garlic & sugar and fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and chopped ginger into the pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Now add garlic paste and sauté for couple of minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock or water. Now add vinegar, soya sauce, tomato sauce & sweet chillie sauce to it and let the mixture to boil for 2 minutes.
- Add fried chicken pieces to it and boil for 2-3 minutes. If required add more water or chicken stock.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of cornflour in a little water. Add this to the gravy and mix the gravy very well to coat the chicken with sauce.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with Chicken Fried Rice or Mixed Noodles.