Eggs are my favorite ingredient always not because of its taste but also for the reason that it can be cooked very easily. I know some of you are egg lovers too. Last night I tried a different version of ‘Egg Masala’. Since I have used curry patta and mustard seeds for tempering I named it ‘Egg Masala – South Indian Style’. You can name it whatever way you like. It can be cooked with very few ingredients and very quickly. I make this curry a little dry if you can make the consistency of the gravy as per your convenience. Needless to say that the end result is very yummy! Here goes the recipe for all Egg lovers!!!
- Hard boil the eggs. Peel them. Add 2 tsp of oil in a non stick pan or kadai. Fry the boiled eggs sprinkling some salt and turmeric powder till it turns golden brown in colour. Keep them aside.
- Add 2 tsp more oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry till the mustard seeds splutter and you get the aroma of fried curry patta.
- Next add chopped garlic, chopped green chilies, finely sliced onions, chopped tomato, ginger paste and salt. Fry till oil separates.
- Now add black pepper powder, red chilli powder and sauté till the masala becomes soft. Add a little water.
- Add sugar, garam masala powder and sauté well.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, add to the masala.
- In a separate pan fry ginger julienne and curry patta in a little oil.
- Arrange the egg masala on serving plate. Garnish with fried ginger and curry patta. Serve with roti or steamed rice.