‘Telapia’ or ‘Tilapia’ is loved by all in our family. This fish is available in abundance in various sizes in our fish market. Sometime I cook ‘Tilapiar Jhal’ with mustard paste or some time with onion-ginger-garlic paste. Few days back I bought a medium sized fish and cooked it with capsicum. The mild sharpness of capsicum and sweetness of the fish together makes a unique combination in the gravy. You can also grill this fish marinating with all the ingredients mentioned below and serve as a starter. But I like to cook it with gravy and have it with steamed rice by side. Hope you’ll like this recipe ……
- Wash and clean the fish pieces. Marinate the fishes with ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp of turmeric powder. Keep aside for 10 min.
- Heat mustard oil in a non-stick pan. Lightly fry the fish pieces, they should not be browned. Remove the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Lightly toss the capsicum pieces and keep them aside.
- In the same oil add onion paste. Fry till the onions become pink. Add ginger paste, garlic paste. Sauté till oil separates.
- Add the rest of the turmeric powder and red chillie powder and salt. Fry till oil separates from masala.
- Add capsicum paste and green chillies. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the fish pieces and ¾ cup of water. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add fried capsicum. Let it cook for another 1-2 minute.
- Switch off the gas and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with steamed rice.