Pomfret fish is loved by all in our family. Be it in the form of simple fry or batter coated fry or Grilled Pomfret or Goan Pomfret Curry! Today I made a tawa fry or pan fried preparation with simple masala marination. ‘Pomfret Tawa Roast’ or Pan Fried Spice Coated Whole Pomfret is a very quick and easy recipe which can be cooked with few ingredients. People who are not so fish lovers prefer Pomfret, Prawn and Bhetki for the sole reason that it has very few bones and the fishy smell could be removed by marinating with some lemon juice. This is the dish that could be served as a starter or as main course. For whichever occasion you choose to serve do not forget to serve it with plenty of lemon wedges and some fresh salad.
For first marination:
- Clean and wash the pomfret fish and make 3 slit marks on each side with a sharp knife. Marinate with 1 tsp lemon juice and a little salt. Leave for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time mix together onion-ginger garlic and green chilly paste.
- Add 2 tsp lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, kashmiri chili powder, garam masala powder. Mix everything together.
- Wash the fish pieces and dab with a kitchen towel to dry the outer side. Pour the spice paste on them and rub the paste all over the fish and inside the fish using your hand. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour heat some oil in a non stick pan and place the fishes side by side. Cook on medium heat for a minute and then cover with a lid. Let it cook of 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn the fishes. Cover and cook for another 3-4 minutes on other side.
- Cook on medium heat to crisp up the skin on each side.
- Serve with salad and lemon wedges.