The other day Baba bought some good tiger prawn (shrimp) from fish market. Those were so fresh that I thought of making some Prawn Fried Rice with these fresh shrimps. So at dinner I cooked some Indo-Chinese style fried rice with these tiger prawns . Both dishes turned out very good and tasty.
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes.
- Boil water in a big pan. Cook rice in it adding a little salt. Be careful not to overcook the rice else the frier rice would be lumpy. For best result cook the rice in a ratio of 1:2 of rice and water. Now spread the rice on a plate and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. It will prevent the rice from breaking while frying. If you can use a day old cooked rice it would be better.
- Now take a wok or a frying pan and fry the chopped vegetables and keep them aside. Do not overcook the vegetables; let it be a little crunchy. Fry the shrimps and remove them.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan and add the chopped garlic and green chillies. Fry it in a low heat and slowly add rice, fried shrimps and fried vegetables. Add vinegar, salt and black pepper powder to it. Mix it well and fry it for about 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- Your prawn fried rice is ready to be served.
~ I like my fried rice without soy sauce. If you wish you can add soy sauce too.