This post would have earlier …. Actually should be my first post amongst any fish recipe! Fish curry with mustard seed paste is the most famous fish dish amongst all fish preparation. Spicy ‘Jhaal’ made with golden coloured mustard seed gravy is a sure bliss with a plate full of steamed rice. This is a very basic recipe of any fish curry with mustard seed paste. Here goes the recipe…
- Wash the fish and marinate with ½ tsp of salt and a ¼ tsp of turmeric powder. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Soak mustard seed in little water for 15-20 minutes. Grind mustard seeds and 2 green chillies into a paste.
- Heat mustard oil in a frying pan. Fry the fish until light brown on both sides. Remove from oil and keep aside.
- Add nigella seeds in the remaining oil, stir fry for few seconds.
- Add mustard seeds paste and ½ cup of water.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chillie powder and salt.
- Add the fried fish (add more water if required) and 2 slit green chillies and cook on medium flame until the sauce become thick.
- Delicious Shorshe Rui is ready. Serve it with steamed Rice.