‘Moong Dal Pakora’ is a popular street food from Mumbai. These are fritters made from yellow moong lentils with regular Indian spices. This is nothing new….. right? This time I have made some ‘Sprouted Moong Pakora’ (Sprouted Moong Bean Fritter).
Whenever I make some fried stuff like this I try to add some healthy ingredient, so that it could be a little guilt free! This ‘Sprouted Moong Pakora’ recipe is easy. You can soak the whole moong beans overnight or for atleast 6 hours. Then drain the water and tie the soaked moong bean in a damp cloth for at least 24 hours preferably in a warm place. Else the sprouts will not come out. In between soak the cloth if it becomes dry. I prefer to hang it in my kitchen. I have added some potato for binding the dals together to form the shape of a pakora. You can serve the pakoras with coriander chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato sauce. They are good option for a tea time snack.
- Grind the sprouted moong beans in grinder in a coarse paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together. You need not to add any water to bind.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Deep fry of shallow fry the fritters in medium hot oil and fry till crisp and golden.
- Drain the pakora on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
- Serve the pakora hot with coriander chutney, tamarind chutney or just plain tomato ketchup.