Needless to explain the importance of the classic combo of ‘Kalai-er Dal’ and ‘Aloo Posto’ in Bong kitchen! Sharing the most loved comfort food of Bengalis ‘Kalai-er Dal’ or ‘Biulir Dal’. I like the consistency of the dal a little runny; you may adjust it according to your choice. Try this combo on any summer day lunch with a dash of Gondhoraj lebu!
- Boil dal with salt in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf, panch foran, red chilli, asafetida and fry for few seconds and then add the boiled dal and some water. Bring the dal to a nice boil for 10 minutes.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Add the ginger paste, fennel and bay leaf paste and green chillies. Do not slit the chillies.
- Mix it very well and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and Aloo Posto.