Chicken Koftas are cooked in two ways – either they can be cooked the way explained below or can be cooked by tossing raw keema balls in water. Either way is fine and keema balls are cooked thoroughly in both the methods and are super moist. These koftas can be prepared in advance and when you are ready to serve dinner/lunch (15 minutes before serving) toss them in gravy, give it a boil and served them fresh and hot. Enjoy this delicious and tasty keema kofta curry over a bed of hot rice or with Naan or Kulchas.
- Assemble all the ingredients mentioned under Kofta. Make small balls (12-14) and shallow fry them in low heat in oil and keep aside.
- In a pan/kadahi heat oil or ghee and add bay leaf, cumin seeds. As they starts crackling add onion paste, ginger paste and garlic paste and cook unless all starts separating
- Mix in tomato puree, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder and cook the masala on medium flame for 3-4 minutes or till the oil starts to separate from the masala.
- Add water and bring the gravy to a boil. Keep in mind that the gravy would be not very thick neither runny.
- Drop in cooked keema koftas, mix and give it a final boil. Cover and take the kadhai off the flame. Let the koftas soak in the gravy for 5-6 minutes.
- Add garam masala and fresh cream. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve with butter naan or kulcha.