The other day when I made Malaidar Chicken Keema Kofta Curry there was a big bowl of chicken stock left in my refrigerator. I was thinking what could be made with this stock. Either I will make some Chicken Pulao with it or may make any soup. Finally I choose the later as I was feeling super lazy! The weather is such in Kolkata that I was thinking of having some light yet fresh and nutritious food in dinner. Moreover and we had a party yesterday at one of my friend’s place and needless to say that the food was superb. So I was thinking of having something light today and I made this Chicken Clear Soup with Egg Drops & Veggies. Try this simple yet tasty soup at home in this monsoon!
- Chicken Stock – 1 L
- 2 Egg White
- A few Carrot – slices
- 2 – 3 tsps Beans – (Finely chopped)
- 2 tsps Coriander – (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- To taste Salt
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Chilli Sauce – As per taste (Optional)
- Cook the carrot and beans for 2 minutes in microwave with adding a little water.
- Beat egg white adding a little salt.
- In a big pot heat the chicken stock.
- When the stock starts boiling slowly add the beaten egg whites very slowly and mix in at the same time.
- Add in the boiled vegetables with stock.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Add vinegar and give it a final mix.
- Dissolve the cornflour with a little water and pour it into the soup. Mix very well.
- Switch of the gas. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately with some garlic bread or any other bread.