Today it was raining heavily since morning. I had some other works to do so I decided to take a day’s off from office and finish off the pending jobs from home. So I had very little time on hand to prepare breakfast. Maa suggested me to have oats and banana and immediately I decided to make some pancakes with banana, oats and egg, which would be easy to make and same time healthy and filling too! Those who are vegetarian may skip egg. It is as good as without egg too.
Breakfast is a very important meal of entire day. But many of Indian homes have a common mistake of not having breakfast. A common mistake is also having fried foods in breakfast. Oats are rich in a specific type of fiber called beta-glucan. This particular type of fiber is known to help lower levels of bad cholesterol. Adding a banana to your daily diet has an array of benefits in your body. Bananas help you reach your weight-loss goals, keep your bowels healthy, provide nutrients that regulate heart rhythm and have vitamin compounds for eye health.
The first meal of the day should be protein packed and full of nutrients. Here is a very easy and healthy pancake recipe I’m sharing today……..
- Whisk all ingredients except bananas and sugar in medium bowl until blended.
- Slice the banana.
- Ladle batter onto non stick hot griddle or into hot skillet sprayed with cooking spray, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake; cook until bubbles form on tops.
- Place 4-5 slices of banana on the top of the pancake and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
- Flip the pancake upside down and add a little butter on the pan. Butter will help the sugar to get caramelized and will give a very good taste and nice brown colour on the top.
- Again turn the pancake and serve hot with some maple syrup or honey.