‘Bahari Begun’ is a very easy and quick recipe which I have learned from a post of Chhanda Mitra in one of the food group. Credit goes to her for sharing such a tasty recipe…. Though I have modified the recipe a little depending on my taste and named it as ‘Bahari Begun’. It turned out so nice that I thought of sharing this recipe with you!
- Grind sesame seeds, poppy seeds, mustard seeds, coconut and green chillies into a paste.
- Marinate the eggplant with turmeric powder, salt and keep aside for 15 minutes. Heat oil in a nonstick pan and shallow fry the eggplant pieces and put on a paper towel. If you wish you can deep fry as well.
- Now add the masala paste in oil.
- Add turmeric powder, sugar and adjust salt. Fry till the masala dries up.
- Arrange the fried eggplants on a serving plate. Now spread the fried masala or sauce on top of the fried eggplants.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.