I make egg curry often. Believe it or not, even today I made a version of egg curry and served it with Jeera Rice. I love making it for lunch, because it tastes so yummy with hot rice so much. I personally like it so much.Even this goes very well with roti / fulka too.
There are days when I am in the edge of hunger and don’t like to cook elaborate meal, this recipe is ideal for those days. I know many of you may have experienced this situation too. On those days eggs comes handy to us. Because it cooks faster and gives us a satisfaction of eating something nutritious I love this Egg Masala.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you……
- Hard boil the eggs and peel them.
- Cut them into halves. Smear some turmeric powder, kashmiri red chillie powder and some salt. Pan Fry them in mustard oil till golden. Keep them aside.
- Put some more oil and put in the bay leaves.
- Add onion paste and sugar and fry them till the onion become pink in colour.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomato paste and fry till the oil separates. Add some water about ½ cup and bring it to boil. Adjust salt. Add garam masala powder.
- In a serving plate arrange the fried eggs and pour the masala gravy on them.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander leaves with fulka / roti or jeera rice or vegetable pulao.